To gain more knowledge & experience with yoga, here are some tips to help you get started:
1. Yoga is a lifestyle, it’s about pushing and connecting with your body, & yourself. It can be an escape from reality so enjoy each practice and focus on strengthening your body in new ways you never thought were possible.
2. Don’t go into this practice if your trying to get the “perfect yoga body”. Everyone comes in all shapes and sizes, and everyone’s body metabolizes different. Some lose weight faster than others. This practice is all about building and toning your muscles. Muscles weigh more than fat, so forget the scale and what your body transform into something amazing.
3. Don’t look around at what others are doing while you are practicing. Go at your own pace and just because someone is transforming themselves into a human pretzel doesn’t mean you need to do the same. Everyone’s practice is different and each person is at their own level of difficulty. Some days you may want to relax and calm the time while others you might want to challenge yourself and see how hard your body can work. It’s all about balance.
4. Try drinking a full glass of water an hour before each practice. Especially when practicing hot yoga. This will make sure that you keep hydrated as you sweat during the postures. Also make sure you keep your meals light, over eating can get in the way with the twist and turns that your body is doing so make sure your stomach is empty to ensure a great and fulfilling practice.
5. HAVE FUN! Yoga is a great way to transform into a new being. Each practice is different and that ties in with life. Every journey is different, yoga is a lifestyle that helps strengthen your mind and body, and that truly is one of a kind.